(i) Judicial Reforms Desk
Work relating to the National Judicial
Implementation of the recommendations of the
Law Commission relating to arrears of cases in Courts.
Visit of Judges of foreign countries to
Work relating to formation of All India
Matters relating to Treaties in the foreign
countries in respect of judicial co-operation.
Matters connected with externally funded
projects relating to judiciary-like UNDP etc.
Scheme of computerization of District and
Centrally Sponsored Schemes relating to
infrastructural facilities for the judiciary.
Residuary matters relating to Judicial
(ii) Justice Section
· Service conditions of Supreme Court and High Court Judges,
including leave, pension, medical cases etc.
· Matters relating of official residences of High Court Judges.
· Matters relating to Provident Fund Advance to High Court Judges.
· Contempt of Court Act references.
· Court fees, including realization of court fee, pauparis cases.
· Matters relating to judicial services and courts in Delhi and
the establishment of the Delhi High Court
· Matters relating to judicial services and courts in the Union
Territories other than Delhi, and the establishment of the Punjab & Haryana High
· General matters and complaints relating to subordinate judiciary
in the States.
· References regarding State Legislations.
· Presidential requests to Judges of Supreme Court and High
· Miscellaneous complaints against Subordinate Judiciary.
· Supreme Court Rules.
· All work relating to (FNJPC) Shetty Commission particularly UTs.
· Matters relating to SC/ST reservation in Judicial Service.
· RTI matters.
(iii) Monitoring Cell
Collecting Data and the analysis regarding
cases instituted, disposed off and pending in District Courts, High Courts and Supreme
Arrears and causes of delay.
Coordination of Parliament work,
Consultative committee work, Annual Report etc.
Miscellaneous returns/information asked for
by the other Ministries, Monthly Summary for Cabinet, Fortnightly Note for P.M., Monthly
return regarding implementation of Cabinet decisions etc.
Implementation of the resolutions passed in
the Chief Justices and Chief Ministers Conference.
Finance Commission recommendations, Central
assistance to States for upgradatioin of standards of judicial administration.
Matters relating to Family Courts.
Constitution and organization of Special
Courts and related matters.
Reports on administration of Justice in
Preparation of Budget proposals of
Department of Justice.
Scheme of release of grants to States of
Fast Track Courts.